Sorina Iftimie’s current position is Associate Professor at the Electricity, Solid State Physics and Biophysics Department of the Faculty of Physics of the University of Bucharest, Romania. In 2011 she obtained her PhD from the University of Bucharest, Faculty of Physics, for the developing of some organic and inorganic photovoltaic structures based mainly on cadmium telluride and conductive polymers.
Part of her research interests covers organic and inorganic thin films fabrication and complete characterization, photovoltaic devices and solar cells, nanomaterials and nanostructures, capacitors and batteries, and numerical simulations related to R-matrix and Density-Functional Theory (DFT). She has good expertise on several physical deposition techniques including thermal vacuum evaporation (TVE) and magnetron sputtering (DC & RF), as well as on optical characterization (optical spectroscopy and spectroscopic ellipsometry), electrical characterization (current-voltage curves and van der Pauw measurements), and morphological characterization (atomic force microscopy and scanning electron microscopy).
Since 2014, she is a member of Materials Research Society (MRS) and since 2013 member of the Organizing Committee of the International Conference of Advanced Materials (ROCAM, http://rocam.unibuc.ro/rocam2017/index.php ).
Since 2019, she is the Erasmus Responsible for the Faculty of Physics of the University of Bucharest.
- Phase-controlling infrared thermal emitting metasurfaces, D. Dragoman, S. Iftimie, A. Radu, Journal of Optics 23, 035103 (2021).
- On the physical and photo-electrical properties of organic photovoltaic cells based on 1,10-Phenanthroline and 5,10,15,20-Tetra(4-pyridyl)-21H,23H-porphine non-fullerene thin films, A.I. Calugar, V.A. Antohe, S. Iftimie, A. Radu, M. Filipescu, L. Ion, M. Dinescu, S. Antohe, Applied Surface Science 531, 147332 (2020).
- On the structural, morphological, and electrical properties of carbon nanowalls obtained by plasma-enhanced chemical vapour deposition, B. Bita, S. Vizireanu, D. Stoica, V. Ion, S. Yehia, A. Radu, S. Iftimie, G. Dinescu, Journal of Nanomaterials 2020, 8814459 (2020).
- Reconfigurable logic gates in nanowires with Rashba spin-orbit interaction, S. Iftimie, A. Radu, D. Dragoman, Physica E: Low-Dimensional Systems and Nanostructures 120, 114064 (2020).
- Physical properties of indium zinc oxide and aluminium zinc oxide thin films deposited by radio-frequency magnetron sputtering, N. Vasile, S. Iftimie, T. Acsente, C. Locovei, A.I. Calugar, A. Radu, L. Ion, V.A. Antohe, D. Manica, O. Toma, G. Dinescu, S. Antohe, Materials Research Express 6, 126447 (2019).
- Enhancing the performance of microbial fuel cells (MFCs) with nitrophenyl modified carbon nanotubes-based anodes, S. Iftimie, A. Dumitru, Applied Surface Science 492, 661 (2019).
- Physical properties of Cu and Dy co-doped ZnO thin films prepared by radio frequency magnetron sputtering for hybrid organic/inorganic electronic devices, C. Locovei, D. Coman, A. Radu, L. Ion, V.A. Antohe, N. Vasile, A. Dumitru, S. Iftimie, S. Antohe, Thin Solid Films 685, 379 (2019).